Probate and the Administration of Estates
Albion Chambers has an experienced probate team offering practitioners at various levels of seniority. We provide professional representation and advice for all stages of probate and claims for family provision.
Members of the team have experience in dealing with all aspects of wills, intestacy and probate work, much of which comes before the Family or Chancery Division, including:
- Contentious and non-contentious probate issues
- Construction issues
- Validity disputes, including testamentary capacity involving medical evidence
- Forgery, undue influence and want of knowledge and approval
- Advising personal representatives with the administration of an estate
- Advising disappointed beneficiaries including constructive trust claims
- Removal of an executor
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Court of Protection (click here for details of our Court of Protection Team)
- Inquest (click here for details of our Inquest Team)
Please contact the team clerk, Stephen Arnold, for more information about the team, to retain Counsel and discuss fees.
Many barristers who undertake this area of law are licensed to accept work under the Public Access Scheme. Please click here for details of our scheme.
Continuing education, internal and external, is important to chambers. Albion Chambers is accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board to provide external training; we run regular programmes of seminars together with frequent in-house training sessions. Please contact our Chambers Director, Paul Fletcher, for further information.
Team Leader: Deborah Dinan-Hayward
Team Clerk: Stephen Arnold
T 0117 311 0310