- Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DR
- E: email@example.com
Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DREmail
Formerly at 5 Kings Bench Walk and St. John’s Chambers, Bristol; Giles Nelson joined Albion Chambers in October 2007. He is a specialist in criminal law and undertakes a full range of defence work and is a CPS panel advocate level 4 prosecutor.
Giles has a great deal of experience in dealing with serious criminal matters for both sides. He has particular experience in heavy drugs cases, cases involving allegations of grave crimes of violence, sexual violence (prosecuted and defended numerous rapes) and a broad range of offences of dishonesty, often with high values involved.
He is also experienced in defending health and safety prosecutions.
Cases of Interest include:
- Defence of police officer charged with rape
- Defence of former police officer charged with series of assaults by penetration
- Defence of international sports star charged with section 18 wounding
- Defence of managing director charged with sexual assault
- Defence of gang member charged with involvement of the largest class A drugs seizure made in Gloucestershire
- Defence of gang member charged with drug related armed kidnap and blackmail
- Defence (Junior) police officer charged with series of rapes and sexual assaults
- Defence (Junior) of barrister charged with corruption and perverting the course of justice
- Defence (Junior) of man charged with murder in Cheltenham
- Defence (Junior) of man charged with murder on the streets of Bristol
- Defence in a six-week, multi-defendant case alleging the serial sexual abuse of children
- Prosecution of schoolmaster charged with sexual offences against a pupil
- Defence in multi-handed conspiracy to import very substantial quantities of cocaine from South America;
- Defence in nationwide distribution of heroin
- Defence of former Special Forces soldier facing allegations of blackmail to the value of £1.5million and involving an armed siege
- Defence of a company arising out of a fatality of an employee at a farm