- Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DR
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DREmail
Michael Hall is a specialist criminal practitioner. He is CPS panel advocate level 4 prosecutor and is on the Attorney General’s approved list of counsel for the South Eastern and Western Circuits.
Michael has appeared as a leading prosecution Counsel in cases for The Flying Squad, Middle Market Drugs Project, Kidnap Squad, Operation Trident and Central Fraud. These have included multi-handed armed robberies, Class A drugs importations and supplies, shootings and kidnappings.
Other prosecution work includes attempted murders, cases of serious fraud and money laundering, rape and child abuse including one involving allegations of witchcraft.
He has defended across the spectrum of criminal cases. Cases of note include a conspiracy to murder, a number of death by dangerous driving cases, conspiracies to supply Class A drugs and cases of serious violence.
Cases of Interest include:
- Operation Shido: Operation Trident seven-handed kidnap and robbery
- Operation Tulip: three-handed gangland attempted murder
- Operation Canopus: nine-handed conspiracy to steal surrounding the theft by means of “Ledbury”-style burglaries and their subsequent use in commercial burglaries
- Operation Culminate: SOCA prosecution in relation to sizeable passport “factory”
- Operation Angel: Flying Squad prosecution of nine offenders for series of 36 armed robberies
- Operation Lucida: Blackmail following purported kidnap (and associated bank fraud)
- Operation Magma: “Canoeist”-style life assurance fraud following faked death and relocation of perpetrator, a man with four different identities
- Operation Carica: Sale of Firearm
- R v Archer: Rape of two young boys in toilet of fast-food restaurant
- R v Onwugbufor: Child abuse case arising from permanent scarring of young child allegedly the victim of Witchcraft
Michael is regularly instructed to present cases on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Council.