- Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DR
- E: email@example.com
Broad Street Bristol BS1 1DREmail
Monisha specialises in child law.
In 2009 Monisha was awarded a Pegasus Scholarship by Inner Temple. She spent three months working as a judicial assistant to Chief Justice Diana Bryant in the Family Court of Australia.
In 2011 Monisha worked as a defence intern for the Radovan Karadžić Standby Defence Team at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
Child Law Public
Monisha is regularly instructed on behalf of local authorities, parents and children in public and private family law cases and appears in matters involving domestic violence, sexual abuse, child abduction and mental health issues. Monisha is also experienced in representing clients who lack capacity and have significant mental health difficulties and substance misuse issues.
Monisha has experience representing parties in matters including:
- Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- EPO applications
- ICO applications
- Applications for expert assessment
- Contact applications
- Fact findings involving allegations of sexual and physical abuse
- Applications for care and placement orders at final hearing
Recent cases include:
- Representing the local authority in two forced marriage cases in Bristol, involving issues including flight risks, the risk of sexual and physical abuse, kidnap, difficulties serving individuals outside the jurisdiction and issues in respect of medical evidence.